SMCARA 2015 2-Meter Antenna Build and Test Contest
- Build a homebrew 2-meter antenna.
- Compete for highest measured forward gain against other homebrewed antennas built by members of the SMCARA .
- Antenna categories for awards are:
- Vertically Polarized
- Horizontally Polarized
- Antennas may be based on existing design or may be an experimental design.
- Antennas are to be homebuilt using off the shelf materials and hardware and/or material and hardware fabricated by the builder.
- Antennas shall be of single-boom design.
- Commercial antenna kits assembled by the builder are not eligible for awards.
- Antenna gain will be evaluated and measured at a nominal frequency of 146.52 MHz
- Total cost of the antenna parts shall not exceed $150
Antenna Gain Testing
- Antenna gain testing for homebrew antennas submitted under this contest will take place during the 2015 SMCARA ARRL Field Day Activities.
- Commercial antennas, which are not part of this contest, may be submitted for testing as time permits once testing of the homebuilt antennas is completed.
- Gain measurements as recorded by the gain measurement team are final.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation noting antenna design type, measured forward gain, and standing.
To sign up for the St. Mary’s County Amateur Radio Association’s email reflector got to http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/smcara
Under the area “Subscribing to SMCARA” enter the following:
Email Address, Name (optional), Password (so you can come back and change you options), Confirm your password and Lastly answer the question “Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest? Yes / No
Once you have filled out the form click “Subscribe” and your request will be sent to our administrator for approval.
Once approved you will be able to send messages to email@example.com and it will be reflected to the other subscribers. Just remember pictures and attachments will not be forwarded.
Saint Mary’s county area repeaters:
146.640 MHz Negative Offset PL 146.2 (Located in Lexington Park, MD)
145.350 MHz Negative Offset PL 156.7 (Located in Prince Frederick, MD. Wide area coverage)
147.420 MHz SIMPLEX Echolink. PL 156.7 (Located in Leonardtown)
146.600 MHz SIMPLEX D-Star Hotspot. (Located in Lexington Park)
147.195 MHz Positive Offset D-Star (Located in Hollywood, behind the VFD.)
443.050 MHz Positive Offset (Located in Lexington Park)
The list I have is from 2009 so if there are any others please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated information.
Just a friendly reminder that next Thursday evening at 7:30pm at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum. Our speaker shall be Sam Leach (K3KLC). Sam will be giving a presentation on VHF communications.
Based on the current weather conditions we are canceling the SMCARA Club meeting for tonight. The next meeting will be held on the fourth Thursday of March. Please be safe.